Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I sell comics baby!


If you haven't heard of Courage My Love yet, you're  missing out. They are the new, fresh, young thang in the canadian music scene. I just found out about the trio a few days ago. I was at a friends house and he played their song I Sell Comics and told me the story of the band. He had a few details wrong, but we still love him for being such a new music buff. 

I Sell Comics- Courage My Love 


The group started in early 2010 with  twin sisters Mercedes Arn-Horn (Vocals/Guitar) and Phoenix Arn-Horn (Drums/Vocals) as well as David Blake-Dickson (Bass/Screams). The under 20 three piece has a pop/punk sound similar to that of Paramore and Versa Emmergae, vocals reminiscent of Evanescence, and guitar work hinting at Avenged Sevenfold/Bullet For My Valentine. They are a perfect mesh of metal, pop, and punk. The sound is surprisingly professional for how young they are. While their sound is heavy and tight, the vocals complement the guitar work and frame the song very well. 

Anchors Make Good Shoes (If You Have Issues) - Courage My Love


The group is making it look easy as they rise to fame. I assume they will be huge within the next few years. The female front and drums is a very new difference that sets them apart from most bands of their generation. They get their influence from bands such as Paramore, Anti Flag, Rancid, and Cancer Bats.  The twins write the lyrics and David usually supplies the song names. For their age they're pretty amazing. They just released their first EP entitled "For Now" which you can purchase on itunes or through their website. In addition to playing their first warped tour the up and coming super stars just filmed their first video for the first single off their first EP! 

Barricade - Courage My Love

Despite their age Courage My Love is not afraid to follow their big dreams. As if all of their new spotlight wasn't enough responsibility the trio has also started their own record label. That's right! Homeskool Prom Records is the newest affiliate under Warner Canada. 


It seems that these spring chickens have all the recipes for success they need. Plus can we just talk about how absolutely adorable they are? I wish them all the best and hope to see them on tour soon! Check them out and spread the word if you like what you hear. For more information go to Courage My Love's Bookface, Myspace, Twitter page, or Youtube channel


Also on the up&up, not necessarily from canada:
Never Means Maybe (Hardcore)
Darling Parade (Chick Lead)



Word bird,    

No comments:

Post a Comment