Monday, November 28, 2011

Spotify

A close friend told me about this little gadget/site/player the other day after a chat about finding music online. I thought it was a site at first like Pandora, however, it's actually a player (similar in appearance and layout to itunes) that you download to your computer. It's no utopia player, but it's quite handy. I will say that it has a VAST amount of artists, it recognized everyone I typed in. I listen to a lot of underground music and I was very impressed with the amount of artists it recognized and the amount of albums it listed. In most cases I found that every song featuring the artist and every album containing the artist showed up. It's not organized ideally, it's actually a bit hairy and takes some time tinkering to figure out. 

CONS:
commercials (3 every few songs, they're quick and mostly about spotify products)
search (everything must be typed exactly as is or it won't show up)
organization
no downloading


I plan on using the player to search for new music and to check up on my collections as well as browsing   and listening. Overall it's a great idea and it's huge. If you're really into music or you just want to listen to more I definitely recommend it.






Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment