Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Do you love giraffes?


Today while discussing my future plans of paying a scientist to somehow create a real miniature giraffe my friend asked me if I had ever seen "puppy cams"... Apparently there are people in the world that spend countless hours of their day watching puppies being broadcasted on the internet just playing and being cute. I think that's really stupid. If you are a puppy cam advocate I apologize for my bluntness, but what the cuss? Anyway, he mentioned that one day someone put up a giraffe cam using the same concept. Not to be selective, but I find giraffes captivating and have loved them for as long as I can remember. Thus, I am completely down to watch them gallop in the african plains in all of their giraffe like splendor during my free time.




I just decided to google a giraffe cam, being 2 in the morning here there are none being broadcasted on the site at the moment. However, there was a very eye catching link under the stream that spoke to me: "adopt a giraffe"



WHAAAT?

Yes, it turns out that some giraffes are endangered and zoo animals in general are expensive to pay for and maintain. Similar to Africa's adopt a child campaign you can now adopt your very own zoo aminal, yes aminal. By "adopt" of course they really mean you send us money and we send you a tote bag, a stuffed animal and a bill for a year, but still this concept is really cool.

With the holiday's around the corner this would be a great gift for an animal lover or a friend that has a favorite animal. If one of my friends were smart enough to give me an adopted giraffe as a gift I would cuss myself to bits. If you would like to donate, adopt, or just watch giraffe cams/ other live animal cams feel free. It's a really good cause and it's benefiting something other than the human race, which I find very important when it comes to mind. All of those likes are just for the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I'm sure yo can donate to you're local zoo as well, all zoo's are usually in need.

I'll keep you all posted on the gmini, if anyone knows any scientists hit me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment